Deer Mitigation Update
On September 3, 2019, an ordinance amending the City of Eureka municipal code relating to a deer control policy and hunting regulations was passed. The details can be found on the Eureka website in the Government – Municipal Code & Amendments section. The ordinance is # 2503.
In accordance with the amendment, a permit has been renewed for 2021 which extends through January 15, 2022 and more will likely be issued for hunting in different areas of Eureka that meet the criteria, some of which are common grounds within the Legends subdivision.
Below is the list of Common Ground areas located in The Legends South, that the HOA Board has approved for Bow Hunting by the membership of Certified Bow Hunters of St. Louis County. Also listed are City of Eureka properties that are approved. All hunting activities are to be in compliance with the ordinance mentioned earlier, No. 2503, and the specific guidelines from the Missouri department of Conservation and will be during daylight hours only.
1. Bluffs View Court: #605
2. Grandview Ridge Court: #610 #680 & #681
3. Legends Bluffs Court: #612
4. Legends View Drive: #501 #554 #748 & #956
5. Meramec View Drive: #400 #401 & #659
6. Palisades Ridge Ct #209 / Palisades View Drive: #655
7. Southern Hills DR #530 & #776
8. The Legends Parkway: #490 & #594
9. Vista Hills Court: #647 ˦
10. CITY OWNED PROPERTIES: #99 & #187 Williams Road
Please read the ordinance on the Eureka website to have a clear understanding of how these pieces of common ground fit the criteria.